What Is Google Ads?
Google Ads is the most advanced and successful Pay-Per-Click method on the internet. It has fast-tracked the growth of millions of businesses since 2000.
Google Ads allows you to put your business in front of your potential customer when they are actively searching. You won’t be paying hundreds or thousands of dollars to advertise to Ads people with little to no interest in what you have to offer. With the use of specific keywords and ads, you can control who sees your ads and when.
As your Google Ads agency Norwest, TheOnlineCo. will partner with you to remove the complexity and confusion involved with creating best practice campaigns that will bring you the best results.
Our Google Ads Process
When you engage TheOnlineCo. to be your Google Ads agency Norwest, we will begin by researching whether Google Ads is right for you. If Google Ads isn’t right for your business we’ll tell you – and we’ll tell you why. There may be other digital marketing avenues that would serve your business better such as SEO or Social Media campaigns.
Our first steps with your business include doing keyword research to look at the possible traffic, competition and possible costs for your potential search terms. This keyword research becomes the foundation of the full campaign where we expand on the search terms, build ads, add extensions and set up conversions.
But our process does not stop there. Google Ads is an ongoing process with frequent reviews and optimisations to ensure the campaign is working to its full potential and bringing you the best results.
Our 3 Steps of Google Ads Management
- Campaign Structure & Build – This includes building the basics of your campaigns ensuring each campaign has a specific goal in mind. The campaign build includes adding keywords, creating ads and ensuring all ad extensions are set up and used.
- Conversion tracking – We will implement conversion tracking which will allow us to record and monitor the number of leads you are receiving. This data is very important in ensuring we optimise the campaigns for best performance and will show you exactly what your campaign is achieving.
- Landing Page Build – Our team of Google Ads agency Norwest experts have a very specific procedure in creating landing pages that work. During the build process we will work with you to create highly relevant landing pages to match the different ad groups within your Google Ads account.
- Weekly Optimisations – Your Google campaign manager will review your account weekly to ensure everything is running to the best of its ability. This includes looking at search queries, keyword and ad performance, device usage, budget spending and pacing and conversion checking. Changes are made based on performance to improve the overall results.
- A/B Testing – Our Google ads services include running experiments on landing pages and settings within Google Ads to test what produces the best results. Our Google ads agency Norwest specialists work continually with your campaigns with the belief that there is always something that can be done to improve results further. This means we never set and forget, and we are constantly working to bring you more results.
- Monthly Strategy – The Google Ads management team meets monthly to discuss strategy and plans for improvement in the coming month.
- Monthly Reporting – The team will send regular updates to advise on changes that have been made and the performance results, keeping you in the loop about what is happening in your account the entire time.
What will Google Ads management do for your business?
What makes TheOnlineCo. different than other Google Ads Agencies?
Google Ads FAQs
There are 5 different types of ad campaigns you can create within Google ads:
- Search: Ads are shown when someone searches on the Google Search Network using keywords or phrases in your account.
- Display: Image ads show throughout the display network based on audience targeting. Ads show across many websites, news pages, blogs and Google sites.
- Shopping: Shopping is great for retailers who wish to promote their online and local inventory. Ads show at the top of search results or on the right side.
- Video: Video campaigns let you show ads before or within other streamed video content on YouTube and on the Google Display Network.
- Mobile App: These help you to promote your apps across Google search, Google play, YouTube and the Google Search Network.
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is related to the Google organic search results and relies on updates to your website and the content within it in order to rank higher. There is no cost to appearing in Google organic results however, it can take many months or even years to get your business onto the front page of Google using SEO techniques alone.
Google Ads gives you the opportunity to bid for a place above the organic results using keywords. You can choose which keywords you wish to show for and pay when someone clicks on your ads. Google Ads allows you to compete with some of the bigger companies that have been around for years and are showing high in organic listings.
There may be a number of reasons why you cannot see your own ads in the Google search results.
- Budget: You may not have enough budget to show every time someone searches your terms.
- Self-Googling: If you Google yourself frequently, but don’t click the ads (because you know it will be spending your budget), Google will stop showing your ads to you as it knows you are not likely to click.
- Location: You could be outside the target location of your Google Ads campaign.
- Schedule: You may be searching outside of the time scheduled for your ads to run.
There are three components of Google ads quality score: expected CTR (click-through-rate), ad relevance, and landing page experience. Google Ads will show you whether a component is performing above average, average or below average. Updating ads or landing pages to be more relevant to the keyword will help to improve the quality score especially where a component is performing below average.
For best results its advisable to have a Google Ads Agency Norwest expert assist with improving your ads quality score. As Google Partners and extensive experience over 10+ years, we know the ins and outs in ads optimisation!
Modified broad match has a + symbol in front of all the words in a keyword. The + symbol tells Google that a search query must include these terms exactly or as a close variation. These terms can drive more traffic than phrase or exact match terms and will attract more relevant traffic than a simple broad search term.
You should start seeing data come through into your Google Ads account within hours of starting the campaigns however, real results in the form of leads can take some time. Firstly, Google needs time to go through a learning phase to find out when and who is best to show the ads to. This can sometimes take up to 3 months. Following this, months of optimisations and testing is needed to really get the campaign running to its best ability. Results can start coming through within this time however, it may be slow to start and as optimisations are applied, results should begin to improve.
Landing pages are ideal with Google Ads campaign to ensure you receive high quality scores. A landing page should focus on one product or service only and has a very clear call to action allowing the user to take action very quickly and easily. Using landing pages ensures you are giving your potential customers highly relevant information on the very thing they have searched.
The Google Ads agency Norwest team at TheOnlineCo. has extensive experience in building landing pages that convert to high quality, relevant leads.
There is no simple answer here. Whether Google ads is right will depend on what you want to achieve, how much you are willing to spend and the product or service that you are offering. There are times when there is just not enough traffic for particular search queries to make a Google Ads account viable. Keyword research can be done to analyse how much potential traffic there is for your search terms and also how much these could possibly cost you. If Google ads is not the answer for you, there are other options including social media marketing.
Yes. With the use of ad extensions, you can include a phone number and/or location in your ads. A Google My Business account will be needed for location extensions and you will require access to link this to the account. There is no guarantee these will show all the time as Google will show when it believes it will be most effective.
You choose what your conversions are and when they record. You can set them up through Google Ads, Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager to record phone calls, phone call clicks, form submissions or other events you choose.
Need Help From a Certified Google Ads Agency Norwest?
We’re Here To Help!