Whilst mobile marketing can be seen by some as a ‘trend’ it is fast becoming an integral part of online marketing. It is an indispensable strategy that all businesses should be using if they want to reach the maximum number of potential customers. In 2014, mobile internet users overtook desktop-based internet users, and since then the use of mobile devices to access the internet, research products, and services and even make direct purchases has increased exponentially and continues to grow daily.
Here are some facts about mobile marketing that might surprise you:
- Mobile commerce is bigger than you think – Online shopping and e-commerce took the world by storm ten years ago and mobile commerce is the logical next evolution.
- If your website is not optimised for mobile, Google knows and places you further down the ranks in its algorithm, which greatly affects your SEO.
- More and more people are making purchases directly from their mobile devices rather than their computers.
- Mobile commerce is now a $142 billion industry and it’s growing so fast it’s expected to double in the next four years.
- Mobile marketing actually drives in-store sales – of course not everyone wants to shop online and there are still some products and services that are not really appropriate to buy online. But even those who don’t make the actual purchase online often use their mobile devices to research potential products before visiting a store.
- According to Deloitte, last year 84% of shoppers in the US used their mobile devices during or before a shopping trip.
If your competitors are advertising on mobile and you aren’t (or even if their website is mobile responsive and yours isn’t), that a lot of revenue you could be missing out on because if you’re not visible (i.e. they can’t find you on their mobile devices), then they will find someone else who is.
So whether your business is all online, or has a physical location you sell from, having a mobile marketing strategy and presence is essential for your business to grow.
For more information check out this video which explains it all:
This Post Has One Comment
[…] Click here to view original web page at theonlineco.net […]